This is a  staff list for Leake & Watts Services, Inc in Yonkers, NY

(we are working to acquire the complete records for ALL years)


We advise current and/or former staff to report any abuses you may have witnessed while working at Leake & Watts.  For information on your rights and how to take action, visit  If you were fired or forced to resign because you opposed any illegal and/or unethical practices at Leake & Watts, you have the right to take action. 


If you were harmed (family or survivor) by Leake & Watts, please contact if you remember the long-term employees and from which years.  This will help!   Also, if you recognize any of these staff as having worked at another program, please send in any information about their past or present employment at other facilities and/or cults.


HEAL recommends no child be enrolled in Leake & Watts and that parents with children at the facility remove them now.




Additional Information
John Watts, Jr. Founder Watts is/was not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
John George Leake Founder Leake is/was not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
G. Gross Seybolt President Seybolt is also Sr. Vice Pres. of Wachovia Securities  Seybolt is not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
Alan Mucatel Executive Director Mucatel is not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
Carlton Mitchell Asst. Exec. Director Mitchell is not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
Uday Ray CFO HEAL chose not to do a background/licensure check for Uday Ray as Chief Financial Officers are generally not expected to be licensed nor to work directly with clients/children.
Jose Reese Director (Quality Assur.) Reese is not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
Meredith Barber Director of Inst. Adv. Barber is not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
Al Thompson Director of Juv. Justice HEAL requires the full name (including full first and middle names) of Thompson in order to complete the staff licensure check.
Susan Sapone Director of Res. Svcs. Sapone is not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
Debra McCall Director of Foster Care Debra A McCall (may be a different person) is a licensed clinical social worker in NY and has been since September, 2004.  Source:
Christine Leon Director of Social Svcs. Leon is not a licensed social worker, mental health, nor medical professional.  Source:
*(Leake & Watts, like many other programs in this industry, keeps a "tight lid" on any specific information regarding their staff, qualifications, and practices.  Please contact us with the names of any staff of which you have firsthand knowledge or experience.  Thank you for your help.)
Death: Corey Foster died reportedly as a result of improper restraint by Leake and Watts staff.  (April 18th, 2012)
  Leake & Watts boy's death: 'I can't breathe,' boy shouts after staffers piled onto him, witness says     5:28 PM, Apr. 19, 2012    Written by WILL DAVID AND SHAWN COHEN   YONKERS — The 16-year-old boy who died Wednesday night shouted, “I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe!” as eight staff members piled onto him during a violent confrontation on a basketball court at Leake & Watts residential treatment center, a witness told The Journal News/ today.   Corey Foster was being ordered to leave the gym with other students when he took a shot that ricocheted off the basket into the head of one employee. Another worker then pushed Foster against a wall, and Foster “went for his leg,” said witness William Green, 18. That’s when the staffers converged and took Foster down, Green said.   After Foster said he couldn’t breathe, one staffer replied, “If you can’t breathe, you wouldn’t be talking.” That same person then punched Foster in the head, Green said, adding “I saw the fist connect.” Green, as he was being forced out, said he saw foam coming out of Foster’s mouth.   The account mirrors the statements of two other witnesses, who said several boys were shooting hoops when the staff ordered them to clear the court so they could play. Staff piled onto Foster after he became angry, they said. “When they got off of him, he was on the ground and wasn’t responsive,” said Antonio Reeder, 17, a resident. The other witness, Malik Legree, 17, said Foster “was angry that he was being pushed off” the court.   Police are reviewing video from the gym at the Biondi Education Center, questioning witnesses and awaiting autopsy results to try to determine how Foster died and whether there was any criminal wrongdoing. Yonkers Detective Lt. Patrick McCormack said police are aware of the witness accounts and that “it’s possible” people could be charged in the case.   “It could turn out that way, but right now, there are no indications” of any criminality, McCormack said. “It’s all going to have to be looked at.”   John Francis, a student who knew the dead teen, said that Foster was from New York City and that he had been physically restrained before by school staff and taken into classrooms to calm down. Francis himself has been physically restrained by teachers before and descibed it as “pretty rough. They just hold you down.”     (Page 2 of 3)     In some instances, he said, students are restrained by choke holds. “It’s not appropriate,” he said. “They have to be more careful.”   Foster, whose address was listed as Leake & Watts at 463 Hawthorne Ave., was rushed to St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Yonkers, where he was pronounced dead.   Meredith Barber, director of institutional advancement at the Leake & Watts Yonkers office, released this statement this afternoon: “Last evening, a 16-year old resident of the Residential Treatment Center died following basketball play at the school gymnasium. Many staff and residents were present at this recreational activity. As soon as there was any indication that the young man needed medical intervention, on campus medical personnel and 911 were summoned immediately. We are deeply saddened by this tragedy and our hearts go out to this young man’s family and all who loved him.   “At this time we cannot speak to any of the details of the cause of his death pending the outcome of the police and medical examiner’s investigations.   “We are fully cooperating with these investigations and will continue to do so going forward. At this time, out of respect for his family and their privacy, we will not be releasing any personal details of this young man.   “The loss of any life, especially one so young, is heart wrenching. We all mourn the tragic death of this young man.” Lt. McCormack gave this account this morning: Foster was playing basketball and there was a dispute on the court. Multiple Leake & Watts staffers restrained the boy and he went into cardiac arrest. While they were restraining him, the police were called.   When police arrived, Foster was lying unresponsive on the gym floor with ambulance workers and school staff administring CPR, McCormack said. Members of the police Emergency Services Unit also tried to revive Foster as he was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He was pronounced dead in the hospital emergency room at 9:22 p.m. McCormack said it was Leake & Watts staffers who restrained the boy, not the police. "We did not restrain him at any time. We actually assisted in resuscitating him," McCormack said.     (Page 3 of 3)     McCormack said he did not know how the Leake & Watts staffers restrained the boy. He said no mechanical restraints were used, describing it as “physical restraint” by school staff. He did not say how many people held Foster down.   “This is an open and active investigation,” McCormack said, adding that detectives spent the night interviewing teachers, students and school staff. “No one has been charged criminally at this time.”   McCormack confirmed that the gym had surveillance cameras and police were reviewing the video today. Fellow students described Foster as a big young man, 6 foot 1 or 6 foot 2 and heavy, well-built.   The Westchester Medical Examiner’s Office is conducting an autopsy and said results were not expected until Friday   At Leake & Watts this morning, security guards were stopping and checking every car at the main entrance on Hawthorne Avenue.   Shelton Anderson, 15, a non-resident student who lives in the Bronx, said that he knew Foster for four or five years. Foster started living on campus recently because something happened to his grandmother, Anderson said. Foster was a nice kid, Anderson said, but: "He was a little off. He would just wild out. If someone said something wrong about him, he would go crazy."   John Gray, a non-resident student arriving at the campus this morning, said he knew Corey Foster for months. He said Foster wasn't loud but he wasn't quiet either.   "It's a shame that happened," Gray said. "No one deserves to die."   Gray said he was surprised at the death because there are fights, but the staff usually stops it and calms it down. "If there's a fight, they just break it up like any other school," Gray said.   On Foster's death, he said: "It went the wrong way. Mistakes happen."   Police were called to the non-profit facility which caters to troubled youth about 8 p.m. Wednesday. The school specializes in educating students with emotional and social difficulties, according to the Leake & Watts website.   Police have, in recent years, been called upon to deal with students at the school suspected of violent crimes. In May 2009, a 20-year-old resident at the Leake & Watts home at the same Hawthorne Avenue address was accused of sexually molesting an employee of the institution.   In September 2008, a 17-year-old student was arrested after swinging a pair of scissors at a school monitor. Source:   For more on this story, see:
Parents of Teen Who Died While Restrained at Yonkers School Speak Out Sheila and Andre Foster said they want justice in the death of their son Corey, who died at the Leake and Watts Facility on April 18. Monday, Apr 30, 2012  |  Updated 6:33 PM EDT Handout Corey Foster advertisement The parents of a teenager who died after going into cardiac arrest while being restrained at a Yonkers school for troubled teens spoke out at a news conference Monday. Sheila and Andre Foster said they want justice in the death of their son Corey, who died at the Leake and Watts Facility on April 18. Police said the teen, who lived at the school, was playing basketball in the gym when he became upset and needed to be restrained. His parents said Corey Foster never should have died. "He was a kind boy," Sheila Foster said as she choked back tears. "I trusted the school with our son." The Fosters and their lawyer are calling on the district attorney to release a videotape they claim shows the last minutes of their son's life. Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Get our apps here and sign up for email newsletters here. Get breaking news delivered right to your phone -- just text NYBREAKING to 639710. For more info, text HELP. To end, text STOP. Message and data rates may apply. Source:


 Last Updated: March 24th, 2014

Return to or top of page